Collection Of Your Personal Information
You agree and consent that we may collect personal information from you when you subscribe to one of our Brooks Brothers Pty Ltd websites or instore mailing lists, and from the people we do business with (“business clients”) such as our suppliers and contractors. Normally, the type of personal information collected includes your name, email and postal addresses, home and business telephone numbers, age and gender. We do not generally collect sensitive personal information.
Our policy is to only collect personal information that we need for a particular purpose and use it for that purpose. Except as permitted or required by law, including as reasonably expected by the individual, Brooks Brothers Pty Ltd does not collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent.
You agree and consent that Brooks Brothers Pty Ltd may collect personal information about you from a third party source. Brooks Brothers Pty Ltd will take reasonable steps to contact you to and make you aware of the purposes for which the issuer has collected your personal information which has been obtained from a third party source.
Publisher collects personal information for some or all of the following purposes:
(i) to monitor or improve the quality and standard of service provided to you or other consumers by Publisher and any entities related to Publisher, (collectively called "Authorised Disclosees");
(ii) to provide marketing information to you about products and services of any one or more of the Authorised Disclosees; and
(iii) arrange for delivery of products of any one or more Authorised Disclosee to you.
If you do not provide any information requested, Publisher or one or more of the Authorised Disclosees may not be able to either provide you with information about Brooks Brothers Pty Ltd products or to fulfil one or more other purposes of collection of your personal information.
Publisher may collect personal information about you from a third party source. Publisher will take reasonable steps to contact you and make you aware of the purposes for which Publisher has collected your personal information which has been obtained from a third party source.
Use Or Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
You agree and consent that we may use personal information to manage our relationship with you and business clients and properly conduct our business. Specifically, you agree and consent that we may use your personal information in order to:
Communicate information on our products or services and to notify our customers about existing or new Brooks Brothers Pty Ltd product offerings, sales or special promotions from time to time;
Help you decide which of our products would best suit your requirements;
Conduct market research by collating and analysing information in order to develop product ranges and identify opportunities to provide our customers with further service and benefits.
If at any time you no longer wish to be notified about new Brooks Brothers Pty Ltd products or services or promotions, you should contact the Privacy Officer (see details below), and Brooks Brothers Pty Ltd will delete your personal information from our system.
You agree and consent that Brooks Brothers Pty Ltd use of your personal information may involve sharing your personal information with and amongst the companies within the Brooks Brothers Pty Ltd. Where information is disclosed to a related body corporate, that company is bound by the original purpose for which the information was collected.
Brooks Brothers Pty Ltd does not sell, rent, trade, give or share personal information to or with third parties. However, you agree and consent that we may disclose your personal information to third parties to whom Brooks Brothers Pty Ltd contracts out specialised functions (including without limitation such as printing companies for the purpose of printing Brooks Brothers Pty Ltd’spromotional material). If Brooks Brothers Pty Ltd does disclose your personal information to these third party contractors under outsourcing or contracting arrangements, Brooks Brothers Pty Ltd takes steps to ensure that those contractors comply with the National Privacy Principles when they handle your personal information, and are authorised only to use your personal information in order to provide the services or to perform the functions required by Brooks Brothers Pty Ltd.
Otherwise, Brooks Brothers Pty Ltd only uses or discloses personal information as authorised or required by law.
Personal Information We Collect
When used in this policy, “personal information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Personal information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you.
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- residential or business address;
- email address;
- post code;
- age and date of birth;
- telephone number;
- proof of identity, such as your drivers licence or passport number;
- a photograph or video surveillance recording of you if you are physically present in our stores;
- if you are a candidate for employment, we may collect other information as further set out in our application forms or during the recruitment process. This may include information relating to your employment history, working eligibility rights, suitability for the role you are applying for, and your referee details.
We may also collect information from you that is not personal information because it does not identify you personally. This information is normally retained with your personal information and may include:
- your shopping preferences and a list of products and services you have purchased from Brooks Brothers Pty Ltd. This may include your shopping history, product types, departments, specifications, sizes, dimensions, colours, occasion date, or other attributes of products and services we have provided to you or may provide to you in the future;
- information we require to deliver, service or fulfil warranty obligations for products or services;
- your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS, direct mail, or other);
- information you provide to us via our customer service centre, website, application forms, or directly to team members within our stores in relation to our products and services; and
- device identification information when you use a computer, mobile phone, smart phone, tablet, or other device to access our WIFI service or interact with us through our online store www.brooksbrothers.com.au). This information may include session cookies, your device IMEI number, IP address or MAC address.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you access and use our website;
- during conversations with our team members;
- when you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
- when you interact with us during promotions, competitions, special events, or by using devices within our stores; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, when you complete forms in relation to the recruitment and selection process, for the purpose of assessment.
Why Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
In addition to any purpose notified to you at the time of collection, we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information so we can:
- complete transactions and administer our relationship with you (including refunds and our lay-by service);
- investigate and respond to your questions, comments or feedback in relation to our products or services;
- better understand your requirements and preferences and improve our service to you;
- provide you with information about our products or services;
- identify and inform you about other products, services or offers that may be of interest to you;
- facilitate the running of, and your participation in, loyalty programs;
- facilitate the running of, and your participation in promotions and competitions;
- monitor activity on our website (for the purpose of maintaining the security of the website);
- compile customer databases to enable us to market the brand more accurately;
- comply with our legal obligations (including in relation to health and safety matters or matters relating to our employees or applicants for employment);
- help us gain a better understanding of your likes and dislikes, so as to improve our website, marketing strategies and the products and services generally offered by us.
Personal Information About Other People
Publisher may disclose personal information to Authorised Disclosees upon the basis that any Authorised Disclosee may only collect, use or disclose the information for the purpose for which that information was originally collected by Publisher.
Access To Personal Information
Publisher will, on request, provide you with access to personal information held by Publisher about you, subject to any limitations or exceptions in the Privacy Act.
Publisher will deal with requests for access within a reasonable time. You must pay Publisher for reasonable costs incurred by Publisher in providing you with access.
If Publisher refuses to provide you with access to personal information about you, Publisher will provide you with reasons for the refusal, in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act.
We understand that when you visit our website you may not wish to become a member. We respect that and have provided you the option to not sign up as a member and to drop out at any time you no longer wish to be a member of the website.
Publisher will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is up-to-date when collected or used by Publisher. If any personal information held by Publisher about you is incorrect, you should contact Publisher immediately, so that Publisher can take reasonable steps to correct incorrect information about you.
Security of Personal Information
Publisher protects your personal information from misuse and unauthorised disclosure.
Personal information about you may be stored in hard copy or electronically in data information storage systems of Publisher.
Publisher maintains physical security, as well as network and computer security over paper and electronic data information storage systems. From time to time and in line with customer expectations and legislative changes, our privacy policies and procedures will be reviewed and, if appropriate, updated. This policy was last updated in March 2014. .
Children and young people
The website is accessible to people of all ages. However, we are mindful that some customers who register as members may be under the age of 18. In the interests of their personal safety, we urge children to check with their parents before entering personal information on any website and ask parents to discuss these issues with their children.
The Publisher will also ensure that appropriate disclosures are made at the time of collection of other information from minors, and will only collect this information where it is appropriate to do so. Information collected will only be used for appropriate purposes.
Publisher will not transfer your personal information to foreign countries without your express or implied consent.
© Brooks Brothers Pty Ltd A.C.N. 165 287 203. All rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any manner without express written permission of Publisher.